On this page you can find resources I find helpful in my life.
Topics will include Homeschooling, Family Life, Christian Living, and Current Events.
You will find books that I have found to be fundamental in my growth as a mother, wife, and Christian woman.
Additionally, I have included links to other sites and resources that I find to be truth tellers and seekers.
I offer the following disclaimers with regard to these resources.
- These resources have been helpful to me in some capacity throughout my life, but my listing them doesn’t mean that I endorse everything the author or source may have ever written or believed. As always, I urge you to be a Berean and take everything you read here or that I recommend back to the Word of God which is the only perfect source of truth that we have in this life.
- Some of the resources on this page will lead to sites with which I have an affiliate relationship. This means that I may earn a small commission if you purchase the resource or other resources on their site after clicking my link. It does NOT MEAN, I chose the resource because they paid me to do so. In all instances on this page, the resource is here because I personally found it useful in my life and recommend to you for that purpose. In many instances if I find a resource useful and desire to share it with you, I may seek to see if they offer an affiliate program. Monies I receive on this site via advertising, affiliate sales, and or product creations or recommendation all go to support the continued publication of this blog and the support of my own family, but my opinions are my own.
- I reserve the right at any time to remove a resource from this page if I deem it no longer to be in line with my own personal beliefs or theological convictions.
- This page will always be growing and changing so I recommend you bookmark the page as well as sign up for our newsletter so you can receive updates to any new resources we add to this site.
These are the top books I recommend you begin with if you are interested in a gentle approach to your homeschool.
I can’t stress enough how fundamental they were to shaping how I view home education and education in general now.
- A Delectable Education– I personally know these ladies and owe much of my understanding of the Charlotte Mason Method to them. I highly recommend their podcast, their resources, and their consults. They know their stuff!
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool– This is also a personal friend, and one of the three ladies behind the A Delectable Education podcast. Nicole, however, is the resident expert in the Science/Nature Study aspect of Charlotte Mason and her resources are invaluable. We utilize all of her Science guides beginning in Form 2 through High School.
Family Life Resources
The single most important book I ever read for my marriage was The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. Every married woman whether you are newly married or have been married for a long time should have this resource at your disposal.
I also highly recommend anything written by Elisabeth Elliot and I’m currently working my way through Mother Culture by Karen Andreola.
More Resources Coming Soon
Christian Living Resources
More Resources Coming Soon
Truth Tellers For Current Events
This section is dedicated to sharing resources I am currently using as current event truth tellers.
In, Finding The Truth In An Age of Deception, I share about how difficult it has become in our current cultural climate to find truth.
Sadly, reliable news sources and ethical journalism is a thing of the past in today’s America.
This list represents an ongoing effort to find credible sources for news and current events.
As I stated in the disclaimer above, this list is not exhaustive, nor am I stating that any journalist or resource listed below is completely 100% always reliable. You MUST use your own judgment.
What I am saying by listing them here is that, to the best of my ability, I have found them to be attempting to bring an honest discussion to today’s current events.
Use them at your own risk and always PRAY and be discerning with anything you read, watch, or listen to.
News Channels We Currently Use
- World Watch News– HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! This is a Christian News channel I subscribe to through World Magazine. I find it to be an excellent source and overview of current events which is safe to watch with the whole family. Very little editorializing occurs and the final words of each broadcast are, “and remember, whatever the news, the purpose of the Lord will stand.”
- Newsmax– Like many conservatives, we started watching Newsmax after the increasingly biased and hostile reporting that kept occurring on Fox news. I can’t attest to every reporter and the news is definitely overtly conservative here, but I find it to be a good start and I have found many new journalists to follow who have been guests on Newsmax.
- One America News Network- Similar to Newsmax. Still evaluating, but use as a secondary source sometimes.
- SHARYL ATTKISSON– I learned about Sharyl via a Newsmax interview. I’m excited to find her and will begin listening to her podcast. I’ll keep you posted. I shared the following on my Facebook page,
“One thing I like about Newsmax is they keep introducing us to the News Journalists who are still JOURNALISTS! Sharyl Attkisson was on this AM with a very informative interview about how corporate interests, Lobbyists, and others on both sides have successfully infiltrated our media sources (hitting hard social media since they attribute that to Trump’s 2016 win) in the past 4 years. I’d recommend following her on Parler and/or getting her book and signing up for her email. If you are going to get news that isn’t filtered, I believe you are going to have to find these journalists and follow them via email. I’m gathering a dozen or so because I don’t think social media will be a reliable place to curate news much longer.”
Freedom Loving Resources
Face Friendly(no mask required) Resources– Freedom Loving Communities & Face Friendly Businesses.
Social Media Resources and Where To Find Me
As you can see, this page will continue to grow as the site grows. With the ever increasing censorship on Social Media, I did open accounts with Parler and MeWe.
If you wish to follow me for Homeschool content or Outdoor travel, follow me here on the following channels.
I’m also on Pinterest so definitely follow me over there if you are as hooked on it as I am!
You Might Also Be Interested In These Other Resources on Our Site